Job Opening: Barrista at The Home Cafe!
The Home Cafe in Nicosia invites applications for a Part-time Barista
Position: The Home Cafe Part-time Barista
Reports to: THC Manager
Salary: 5€ per hour net salary
Average weekly hours: 15hours
Start Date: 26th of November
Application deadline: 18th of November
Send CV and Cover letter in English to email@example.com
General Duties and Responsibilities:
The Café Employee is responsible for the successful operation of The Home Café. The success of the The Home Cafe is dependent on the effectiveness of the team running it. The whole operation must present a friendly and welcoming environment in which customers and staff alike feels comfortable, enjoying excellent service. While receiving guidance from the THC Manager, the successful development of the Café will depend to a large extent on the imagination, initiative, reliability and energy of the Employee. A combination of flexibility, enthusiasm, innovation and sound organisational skills is essential. The tasks may be extended and changed from time to time by agreement to meet changing circumstances.
WORKPLACE HEALTH AND SAFETY
All employees have a duty under the relevant Health and Safety at Work Laws to ensure that their working environment is kept free of hazards that may prove injurious to themselves, their colleagues and all those engaged in Cafe’s business, as well as any visitors. The café employees are required to have a valid food handling certificate during their work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Apply the tasks as guided and explained by the THC Manager.
- Input and follow the café schedule, covering different shifts as necessary
- Being familiar and assisting in all aspects of catering including orders, invoices, preparation, service, receipts or as explained by café supervisor
- Serves as a role customer service contact for visitors and colleagues at the café, including: answering questions, welcoming, and other external and internal communications
- Communicates clearly the needs of the café, any concerns, problems and shortfalls with the THC Manager
- Reliable, transparent and trust worthy when dealing with financial matters, follows rules set by café manager and H4C Governing board
- Implements café policies and administrative functions and procedures i.e. closing and opening of cash register, catering, invoicing and logistics (when needed)
- Excellent, clear and polite communication with vendors, suppliers, cleaning provider
- Maintains an eye on inventory and informs the THC Manager on restocking or shortfalls
- Responsible for keeping café area clean, neat and orderly including the toilets at all times
- Fulfills all aspects of the daily running of the Café as indicated by café Manager including food preparation
- Assists when necessary in the ordering and stock management processes to maintain stock levels and to help with periodic stock take
- To acquaint himself/herself with current regulations relating to Health and Safety at Work, Food Handling and Hygiene Regulations, Fire Fighting equipment and precautions, medicines and drugs, certain age-restricted products
- Coordinate opening and closing of The Home Café; as well as closing and opening the premises
- Assist the functions and events management as required
- Reports and feedback on café operations to the café manager and/or H4C manager as required
- Ensures all requirements in relation to hygiene and cleanliness are adhered to the highest standard
- Constantly monitors menu presentation and service and provides constructive recommendations on staffing requirements, menu changes and pricing
- Responsible for the seating layouts, protection of furniture from weather and other
- Follows own day-to-day duties: timesheets, weekly programme, events calendar, fridge refill, stock
- Responsible for the receipt of payments for product sale, bike rental and workshop coupons
- Ensures time management effectiveness
- Provides accurate cash handling
- Following all safe working procedures and practices designed for the work;
- Eliminating, reporting or advising the manager to avoid, eliminate or minimise potential hazards when they become aware of a potential hazardous work related condition or practice;
- Ensuring that instructions to protect their health and safety are followed and all personal protective equipment provided is used and maintained;
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met at all times, responsible for cleaning rota, deep clean of café area and completion of daily records for health and safety
- Be responsible for repair and maintenance of café equipment and machinery
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be highly motivated
- Excellent manners, politeness
- Professional service
- Attention to presentation
- Fluent in English language and (Greek or Turkish)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience in food and beverage operations
- Must be able to work days, evenings, and weekends as necessary
Job Opening: Administration Officer at the Home for Cooperation!
The Home for Cooperation in Nicosia invites applications for an Administration Officer.
Position: H4C Administration Officer
Reports To: H4C Director
Working Hours: 40 Hours/Week (Full-time), Monday to Friday
Salary: €1000.00 Net Salary
Start date: 1st of December 2018
Application deadline: 20th of November 2018, 6.00 p.m.
Send CV and cover latter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary: The Administration Officer will be in charge of the front office desk and manage both external and internal communications while aware of promoting the image of the organization at all times. She/he will be responsible for all duties at the desk of our main entrance and responsible for the day to day running of the H4C. As part of a dynamic and high-performing team, the Administration Officer will carry out general office and administrative duties and provide support to all of the internal programs and initiatives, while also being responsible for specific duties. His/her activities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Welcoming visitors to the H4C by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries, tracking incoming and outgoing visitors, determine the nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations
- Forwarding calls, providing information in regards to the H4C’s activities or other events taking place in the H4C and taking messages and passing them to the person concerned.
- Hearing and trying to resolve complaints from visitors to the H4C or the public and informing, if necessary, the H4C Director.
- Providing general information about the H4C, its vision and mission and its planned activities, also information on the location of events taking place in the Home, the resident NGO’s offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
- Maintaining safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Setting up the rooms and equipment at the H4C according to the bookings request
- Keeping the contact details of the visitors to be added to the H4C’s newsletter emailing list
- Managing the bike rental and souvenirs selling at the H4C
- Receiving and managing any bookings at the H4C
- Managing, maintaining and improving H4C calendars in order to keep a record of all bookings and activities that are scheduled to take place at the H4C.
- Communicating the calendar of events and activities on a monthly basis with the relevant stakeholders: Boards, UNICYP, check point police, café supervisor, H4C team.
- Coordinating H4C caretakers – ensuring all out of office hour events are covered and caretakers have all the necessary information prior to an event, and are informed of the needed equipment and processes.
- Monitoring and maintaining all supplies for the H4C including office supplies, cleaning materials, refreshments and other necessary supplies linked to the needs of the H4C.
- Keeping safe and handling all the keys belonging to the rooms of the building, as they are recorded in the H4C Inventory dated August 2018.
- Maintaining, storing and setting up the electronic equipment belonging to the H4C. Provide training to caretakers on setting up the equipment prior to an event.
- Administrating the H4C admin account – forwarding appropriately the mails to the relevant person from the staff or/ and Board.
- Providing support and participating to ideas exchange at the staff meetings in event planning, coordination and coordination.
- Organizing, filing and archiving paperwork, documentation and electronic information related to – H4C projects.
- Working in cooperation with the H4C Director to support him/her in the monitoring and maintaining of structural needs of H4C building, ensuring the building is kept in good functioning order and the ensure preventative and repair work is done on time.
- Collecting invoice requests for all the payments that relate to the H4C maintenance and supplies, submitting them with all necessary accompanying documents to the Operations Officer in a timely manner.
- Monitoring and responding to requests for information and ensure they are transmitted to the appropriate team members and/or board members as necessary.
- Overseeing webmaster duties.
- Evaluating workshop, classes and coordinating its continuation with the H4C Director, including recruitment of instructors and communication of requirements with team.
- Receiving and managing all RSVP’s for our events
- Maintaining telecommunication system by following manufacturer's instructions for in house phone and console operation.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities may also include:
- Carrying out additional tasks as required within the course H4C’s work, such as assisting with events; provide support to other team members.
- Attending and participating in weekly team meetings and maintain good relationship with all resident NGOs.
- Completing the necessary personnel documentation (progress report, timesheets etc.) pertaining to his/her contract with AHDR, ensuring they are submitted to the Finance Officer in a timely manner.
- Carrying out any additional duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
- Assisting on events organization
- Proven experience as front desk representative or relevant position
- Familiarity with office machines (e.g. fax, printer etc.)
- Perfect verbal and written English and Turkish or Greek
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
- Strong communication and people skills
- Good organizational, multi-tasking abilities and problem-solving skills
- The ability to be proactive and take the initiative
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality.
Job Opening: Housekeeper at the Home for Cooperation!
The Home for Cooperation in Nicosia invites applications for a Housekeeper to be responsible for cleaning and sanitizing Home for Cooperation building:
Position: H4C Housekeeper
Reports To: H4C Manager
Working Hours: 40 Hours/Week (Full-time),
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8.00-16.00 & Wednesday, Saturday 8.00-12.00
Salary: €921 . 91 Gross Salary
Start date: 15th November 2018
Application deadline: 29th October 2018
Send CV and in English to email@example.com
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary: The Housekeeper will be responsible for the day to day cleaning of the H4C. As part of a dynamic and high-performing team, the Housekeeper will carry out general cleaning duties, while also being responsible for specific duties. His/her responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Make sure all areas of the assigned building (inside and outside) are clean, neat, tidy and sanitary.
- General responsibilities include vacuum, dust, mop and buff floors, clean interior and exterior windows and blinds, move furniture, sanitize restrooms, collect and sort recyclables, and perform special cleaning projects.
- Perform various cleaning tasks such as replenish paper supplies and soap in toilets, clean woodwork and baseboards, shift furniture to clean area, make minor repairs and report other repairs (replace light bulbs, etc.)
- To clean and maintain tools and equipment after use.
- Apply workplace safety techniques while completing daily duties which may include mixing and use of chemicals.
- Assist in setting-up tables and chairs as needed.
- Vacuum carpets
- To collect and dispose of trash, recyclables and other wastes.
- As directed, spray and fumigate for insects, such as bees, ants, etc.
- To observe and report unusual situations on property and grounds. To report on safety issues and the need for maintenance repairs
- Garden maintenance and watering.
- To receive and stock supplies in appropriate areas.
- Perform related duties as required to maintain a healthy environment.
- Greet guests and take care of requests by resident NGOs
- Dust, polish and remove marks from walls and furnishings
- Assist in the cleaning of the cafe kitchen after lunch hours
Additional Duties and Responsibilities may also include:
- This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 20-30kg. Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional demeanor, clear communication and appearance in a clean uniform are also required.
- Some knowledge of cleaning procedures, ability to follow instructions and to perform medium to heavy physical work; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience as Housekeeper required
- Must be able to work weekends.
- A warm, people-oriented demeanor
- A team-first attitude
- Paying attention to the smallest details
- Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions in English or Greek or Turkish