RESOLVE: PEACE CAMPS
Home for Cooperation partnered up with the UK-based organization Asfar, as well as organizations Anthropolis from Hungary, CDC-Creative Development Center from Georgia and EUducate from Spain, for the Erasmus+ project titled RESOLVE: Peace Camps.
The Activity in Nicosia took place between the 1st and 5th of November 2021, and brought together 25 young participants, who worked on skills development & dialogue focused activities revolving around peacebuilding practices in Cyprus and abroad. The project covered a diverse range of topics including:
- Building and environmentally conscious open air community space
- Intergenerational Dialogue
- Erasmus+ Virtual Exchange
- Creating dialogue and providing support in Cyprus
RESOLVE: Peace Camps is designed to support youth leaders to represent themselves to decision-makers, develop their conflict resolution skills, while ensuring young people are leading community unification as social action leaders and change-makers, with the reality of a new era.
RESOLVE: Peace Camps 2022 will take place in London from the 17th-22nd of May.
DEADLINE FOR APPILCATIONS: 3rd of April 2022
Camp participants will spend four days in London, where they will have the possibility to engage with decision-makers in dialogue sessions to discuss conflicts caused by key socio-economic and political issues from the last 5-10 years in their respective communities.
The learning objectives include:
- The development of non-cognitive life skills
- Social action & network management in learners
- Intercultural and reconciliation communication skills
- Understanding facilitation, training and project delivery and the use of reconciliation methods/techniques
Travelling and accommodation costs will be covered by the program.
Eligibility requirement: Participants needs to be based in Cyprus through out the time of the project and be aged between 18 and 30.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!
More information about the RESOLVE: PEACE CAMPS can be found here.