CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
EUROPEAN SOLIDARITY CORPS
VOLUNTEERING PERIOD: for 9 months (November 2022-July 2022)
POSITION: Communications & Project Management Assistant
LOCATION: The Home for Cooperation (H4C), Nicosia, Cyprus
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT: Registered on European Youth Portal AND have a sending organization
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 23th of October, Sunday
This is a volunteering opportunity under European Solidarity Corps that aims to enhance the outreach of the Home for Cooperation project, implemented by the Association for Historical Dialogue and Research (AHDR) and promote solidarity, culture of peace, dialogue and cooperation to a wider audience for a more inclusive society.
The selected volunteer will work as part of the Home for Cooperation team and mainly assist in the communication and outreach activities of the project. The selected volunteer will also be assisting on the management of the projects implemented by the Home for Cooperation. By joining our team, you will have a unique opportunity to be a member of an intercultural and dynamic team, develop new skills and connect with youth, educators, and organizations in Cyprus and around the world, and grow on a personal and professional level.
The host organization:
The Home for Cooperation was established by the Association for Historical Dialogue and Research. Officially opened in 2011, the Home for Cooperation is a unique community centre located in the middle of the dividing lines in Cyprus, in the Ledra Palace area, UN Buffer Zone, Nicosia.
Today the Home for Cooperation has become a landmark building in Nicosia, acting as a bridge-builder between separated communities, memories and visions through its physical presence and its peacebuilding programs benefiting from the transformative power of arts and culture.
The Home for Cooperation provides working spaces and opportunities for non-governmental organisations and individuals to design and implement innovative projects. It facilitates situations for people to get together and to get to know each other. As a unique venue, The Home, hosts an extensive variety of cultural, artistic, and educational programs and activities with the aim to foster creativity and intercultural trust in Cyprus and internationally.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Assist in the execution of communication strategy of H4C
- Offer administrative support to H4C programs and projects
- Create and edit communications copy (e.g. press releases, publications, social media posts).
- Help to maintain web content and implementation of social media strategies.
- Track projects and media exposure as well as update databases and media lists.
- Maintain calendars, schedules, and appointments.
- Help in researching, writing, and editing content for distribution including photos and videos.
- Assist the team in the design and organization of events
- Prepare communication plans per activity
- Assist in translation of the communication materials as needed
- Collect data, prepare reports/presentations, and evaluate the status of the H4C’s public image and make recommendations for expanding or improving the public image.
- 18 to 30 years old
- Resident in the EU Member States or one of the following countries: North Macedonia and Turkey, Liechtenstein, Iceland and Norway, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine, Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, Russian Federation.
- Have a sending organization from the country of residence.
- Eligible to cross from crossing points in Cyprus.
- Strong written and spoken English. Knowledge of Greek and/or Turkish will be considered an advantage.
- Flexibility and capability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work as part of a team.
- Interest/background in communication science, political science, political communication, peace and conflict studies, and cultural studies or related fields.
- Motivation and creative instinct to create content from scratch.
- Proven proficiency in using various social media platforms or a strong desire to learn.
- Proven skills in marketing communications, web content management, social media marketing or public relations is a plus.
- Strong editing and researching skills.
- Strong computer skills, especially a very good command of MS Office.
How To Apply:
Send your CV and Motivation Letter to email@example.com
Find out about European Solidarity Corps on the European Youth Portal: Here
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
tel: +357 22 445 740 (ext. 104) / +90 548 834 57 40.
Click here to view this call in PDF.