AHDR and the H4C are looking for volunteers for the European Solidarity Corps project!
Project under the European Solidarity Corps
VOLUNTEERING PERIOD: for 10 months (September/October 2022- June/July 2023)
LOCATION: The Home for Cooperation (H4C), Nicosia, Cyprus
This is a volunteering project under European Solidarity Corps that aims to promote active learning and participation of the youth (18-30 years old), enhance the outreach of the Association for Historical Dialogue and Research (AHDR) and Home for Cooperation (H4C), and promote solidarity, culture of peace, dialogue and cooperation to a wider audience for a more inclusive society.
Volunteers will be involved in project activities with the themes of History Education, Peace Education, Community Projects and/or related fields. By joining our team, volunteers will have a unique opportunity to be a full part of an intercultural and dynamic team, develop new skills and connect with youth, educators, and organizations in Cyprus and around the world, and grow on a personal and professional level.
The Host Organization:
The Association for Historical Dialogue and Research (AHDR) is a unique intercommunal, non-governmental and non-profit organization established in Nicosia in 2003, which primarily works in the fields of History Education and Peace/Anti-racist Education. To this end, the Association implements several projects, develops educational material and policy recommendations, organizes seminars, workshops, trainings, and study visits, provides access to an extensive library to create educational opportunities for all communities in Cyprus and to promote values of critical thinking, intercultural understanding and multiperspectivity.
In 2011, AHDR established the Home for Cooperation (H4C), a unique community centre in the middle of the dividing lines in Cyprus, the UN controlled buffer zone in Nicosia. The H4C works in the fields of arts and culture contributing to the civil society peacebuilding efforts. As a hub of cooperation, it hosts community actions and projects by local and international formal and non-formal groups, complementing AHDR’s work towards intercultural understanding, respect, and social inclusion.
Main activities of volunteers:
- Developing, organizing and implementing AHDR`s activities on History Education and Peace Education
- Organization of local and international conferences, seminars and public debates on education
- Spreading the word about the organization’s History and Peace Education activities to a wider audience in creative ways
- Provide logistical and technical assistance with meetings, events and trainings
- Conducting research, management of data and data analysis
- The volunteers will be implementing their own ideas in order to promote multiperspectivity and critical thinking in creative ways
- Attend online or on-site language classes throughout the duration of the project
- Assist in the execution of the H4C communication strategy
- Assist in researching, writing, and editing content for distribution including photos and videos, and social media content
- Assist in preparation and translation of the communication materials as needed
- Help to maintain web content and implementation of social media strategies
- Track projects and media exposure, and maintain updated databases and media listsAssist in the promotion of community/peacebuilding programs of the organization
- 18 to 30 years old
- Must be legally able to cross from crossingpoints
- Passion for History Education, Peace Education, Community Work and/or relevant fields with an interest in the fields of Human Rights Education, Peace and Conflict Studies, Anthropology, Sociology, Psychology, Media and Cultural Studies
- Motivation and creative instinct to create content from scratch
- Strong written and spoken English (Knowledge of Greek and/or Turkish will be considered an advantage)
- Strong computer skills, especially a very good command of MS Office
- Flexibility and capability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work as part of a team
How To Apply:
1) Register for the European Solidarity Corps: Here
After completing the registration and application process, suitable candidates will be invited for an interview, and European Solidarity Corps participants will be selected and invited to join our project.
Deadline for applications is September 11, 2022. Suitable candidates will be interviewed after and start accordingly.
Find out about European Solidarity Corps on the European Youth Portal: Here
FOR MORE INFORMATION